5.30.2011

This past weekend.... budgets can only be for those who can see the future...


Ever feel like no matter how much more you may get paid, or how many expenses you cut from your budget you still never seem to have any money in your account? That's exactly what this week was like. I'll get back to this opener paragraph in a bit...

Starting off... on Tuesday my Regional Manager from Japan came to Hong Kong to check in on the A&F team out here. I wasn't sure what to expect as I have had several RM's from A&F so far and each were very different in how they acted and how they managed us. I honestly thought she was pretty cool, and definitely was alot of fun to talk to any be around during the past few days. I wont get into details of what we did and where we went but basically we showed her around all of the major HK spots that we found were the busiest and coolest areas.

So that basically was what happened Tuesday through Thursday. Thursday I went to the Lane Crawford (for those of you who don't know what this is its kinda like a Nordstrom) Dinner party. This was actually alot of fun and I met several really cool people.

That's basically the most of what happened on the work side of things... so back to the beginning paragraph...on the personal side of my life... My computer crashed earlier last week. This was really a bummer mainly because I had to have a huge project for my regional to be done by Wednesday. I ended up working on it all from my iPad (whoever thought that the ipad was a waste of money can bite me) which took alot longer but I got the work done that I needed to get done.

So after alot of thought and careful deliberation... I splurged and bought myself the macbookpro 15".... and haven't looked back since. Now for those of you who read my blog please reference back to the blog "Today So Far" and you'll see why me needing to buy a new computer may be a bad thing. On the subject I have found that the more money you throw down on items the better service you get in Hong Kong. This may seem like a "duh" statement, but I can't tell you the last time I was in a simple little store in HK and received great service...

I know I probably could have gotten a PC for half the price, but in all honesty can't bring myself to buying a PC ever again. I'm a mac guy and forever will be one... Yes, Steve Jobs does own my soul, but as long as I got a Mac, iphone, and ipad... I'll be happy :)

No comments: