1.23.2012

LET THE REAL ADVENTURE BEGIN!

I turn on my cell phone and it reads - 5:30pm.

It is Sunday, January 22,2012, I finally landed back at Incheon, Seoul. Didn't think this day would ever come. I have finally made it full circle and another full circle and now back in Korea. I grab my suit case full of clothes (which is still only 1/3 of the clothes I own but I couldn't fit all of them in a suit case). I head to a taxi and immediately remember why I love Korea so much.

Its the people.

They are warm, accepting, and friendly. Its the fact that I can meet a complete stranger they will turn to me smile and do their very best at making me feel welcome whether they speak English or not. This mindset is so different from everywhere I've been. Texas, California, East Coast, West Coast, America, Hong Kong, Thailand, Ireland, Sydney, etc... Its a very inviting feeling here.

As the days progress I start remembering slowly my korean schooling and have found myself able to somewhat communicate, but trust me I still have a long way to go. Some times I spurt off words other times I smile and say, "I'm sorry... what?" to which they immediately understand I don't speak Korean.

So here we go... again... time to learn my culture and heritage and find out if me being Korean isn't limited to the fact I'm 5'5", black hair, slanted eyes, and can solve complex math problems.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still enjoy your postings and enjoy all that you are seeing and doing. Boy who would have thought it when you were in California that this is where you would end up. I am glad to hear about the people of Korea. It makes you wonder how drawing a line to divide a country in 2 could make such a difference. I hope North Korea never does anything to destroy what you see. Love you...Cousin Anita